Saturday, December 15, 2012

Chocolate Salami Log


 

Chocolate Salami Log



OK! This is one of my many indulgences. My mother would make these logs and freeze them. She would pull it out when an unexpected guest showed up, and serve it with Turkish coffee. My siblings and I would run around the house when the salami came out.
This is a one bowl dessert, so easy, and yet so delicious!!!
I enjoy making desserts that can be made into your own. Meaning, foods you can't screw up. Once again, feel free to leave out what you want, and replace them with what you like...




Ingredients;

1 package of Marie Cookies
1 Can Condensed Milk
1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 Cups Coconut
1/3 Cup Walnuts, chopped
1/3 Pistachios
1/4 Cup Milk, as needed

Directions;

  • Crush the cookies with your hands and place in a large bowl.
  • Pour the condensed milk,  1/2 cup coconut and the rest of the ingredients except for the milk.
  • Mix the ingredients together. I suggest you do this with clean hands. The mixture will be thick.
  • Add as much or as little milk as you need to help form a log.
  • Lay a long sheet of plastic wrap, and lay out the remaining 1 Cup of coconut.
  • Lay the salami log on top of the coconut and roll covering the log with coconut.
  • wrap the log in the plastic and refrigerate until cold. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

At December 16, 2012 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the idea, using up old cookies which I have plenty.. You got a great blog, thanks for sharing

 
At December 16, 2012 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Chef, that means a lot to me! :)

 
At January 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Laura Candeias said...

Oh my goodness I am so excited about this recipe!! My mom used to make this for us as kids!! But not with the coconut, and I love coconut, so added bonus! You just made my day!!

 
At January 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Laura, thank you for taking the time to comment.
I hope that you try this recipe, and you enjoy it! I know the best recipes are the ones that bring back happy memories. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home