Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a great grain. This super grain is packed with nutrients, high in fiber, gluten free, cholesterol free and a great source of protein.
I am a fan of versatile ingredients, and quinoa is very versatile. It works with both sweet and savory ingredients, acting as a sponge absorbing whatever flavor you give it or surrounds it.
Try replacing rice with quinoa, it won't disappoint. It is a staple in my pantry. Cook it, store it in the fridge, add it to or with any meal!
Quinoa Salad Ingredients:
3 Cups cooked Quinoa
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped
2 Green Scallions, finely chopped
1/2 Cup each canned Red & White Kidney Beans
1/2 Cup canned Garbanzo Chickpeas
1/3 Cup Cranberries
1/2 Cup slithered Almonds
Direction:
In a large bowl combine olive oil and lemon juice whisk until emulsified. Add S/P, onions and scallions continue to whisk. Toss the quinoa coat with the vinaigrette and add remaining ingredients and combine.
If you follow my blog, you know that I make recipes that are about "YOU". Allowing you to add the ingredients that you like, and making them your own. I like recipes that you can't screw up!
Salads are a good start. Feel free to add, replace whatever you like.
I am in love with this grain and particularly this salad, and I am sure you will be too. Enjoy, and be you!
Labels: Quinoa Salad

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home